Strengthening, Empowering Care
At Morning Glory Home Care, it’s our desire to provide a wealth of resources to help seniors, their loved ones, and our community at large in navigating the journey of aging, in addition to our personalized, high quality in-home care services.
To that end, we’ve compiled the list below of trusted organizations to provide educational information, supportive services, and more.
Aging Care Advocates
- AgeSmart Community Resources – Madison County: Provides information on legal assistance, congregate meals, caregiver counseling, and more in Madison County.
- AgeSmart Community Resources – St. Clair County: Provides information on legal assistance, congregate meals, caregiver counseling, and more in St. Clair County.
- Illinois Area Agencies on Aging: Area Agencies on Aging have the primary task of planning and coordinating services and programs for older people in their respective areas.
- Madison County Elder Abuse Division: The Elder Abuse Division focuses on physical, sexual, and emotional abuse, financial exploitation and more to protect seniors.
- Programs and Services for Older Persons (PSOP): PSOP staff provide a wide variety of direct and referral services to older adults, as well as their families and caregivers.
- Senior Services Plus: Offering a wide variety of activities, classes, foster grandparenting opportunities, information and assistance programs for seniors, and much more.
- Senior Health Services – Macoupin County: Through funding from the Area Agency for Aging, the Macoupin County Public Health Department offers services for residents who are 60 years and older.
- Senior Health Assistance Program (SHAP): SHAP offers information and free help in filling out applications for programs.
- Home Care Plus: Home Care Plus is an in home elder care and support service whose goal is to help elderly clients live life as fully and safely as possible in the comfort of their own homes.
- Seniors Blue Book: The Seniors Blue Book provides seniors, caregivers and senior professionals a comprehensive source of services, senior housing options, resources and information.
- Americans For Older Driver Safety: The Americans for Older Drivers Safety works to empower older adults to extend their years of safe driving and remain mobile for life through education, research and policy advances.
Chronic Illness Organizations
- Greater Illinois Chapter Alzheimer’s Association: The Alzheimer’s Association – Greater Illinois Chapter is the trusted resource for vital information, education, training, support programs and services to more than 50,000 individuals and nearly 200,000 family members and care partners in our service area suffering the emotional, physical and financial challenges of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Greater Illinois National Multiple Sclerosis Society: The National MS Society is working toward a world free of MS.
- Chicago Parkinson’s Foundation: The Parkinson’s Foundation Chicago Chapter is dedicated to making life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure.
- Greater Illinois American Heart Association: The American Heart Association is the nation’s oldest and largest voluntary organization dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke.
- American Cancer Society: The American Cancer Society funds and conducts research, shares expert information, supports patients, and spreads the word about cancer prevention.
- Arthritis Foundation Greater Illinois: The Arthritis Foundation provides education, program and services, information about upcoming events, programming news, volunteer opportunities and other Foundation-related business.
- The Whole Person: The Whole Person offers a broad range of services to people with disabilities to increase their ability to perform day-to-day activities and reduce the need of support from family members, professional attendants or other care-giving services.
We’d love to share additional helpful resources related to your specific challenges. We’d love to help assist your family with any care needs you have. Call us at 618-667-8400 for assistance and to learn more about how we provide the highest quality home health care in Alton, IL and the surrounding areas.