Individualized Care in the Comfort of Home
Sometimes, a little extra assistance can go a long way in improving quality of life for seniors at home, and it’s our great honor at Morning Glory Home Care to provide the level of care that instills confidence in the families we serve, offering the sense of wellbeing that comes from knowing they’ve found a partner in care they can trust.
It begins from the very first meeting, when families realize we go the extra mile to get to know each senior’s unique personality and background in addition to any concerns expressed. We truly listen to come up with an in-home care solution that not only meets tangible needs, such as the need for personal care or housekeeping services, but that includes the intangibles: Is the senior outgoing and lighthearted? Is she quiet and reserved? What are her hobbies, interests, and passions? What’s most important to her in life?
Learning as much as we can about a person enables us to match the perfect caregiver, who shares similar likes, dislikes, interests and personality traits, on top of providing the home health care skills and expertise each senior deserves. It’s just one of many reasons both seniors and caregivers remain part of the Morning Glory family long-term.
Our home care services in Troy are available for as much or as little as needed, from just a few hours a week up to and including full-time, around-the-clock care. Some of the many ways we can help enhance life for seniors at home include:
- Help with caring for a loved one while you, the family caregiver, are at work
- Short-term care for a loved one while you run errands, take a day off, or go on vacation
- Dementia care
- Meal planning and preparation, in accordance with any dietary restrictions
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Running errands such as picking up groceries and prescriptions, or whatever the client needs
- Accompanied transportation to medical appointments, shopping, outings, and special events
- Transfer and mobility assistance
- Personal care needs such as bathing, showering, dressing, and grooming
- Medication reminders
- Friendly companionship to engage in favorite pastimes, exercising, taking walks, playing cards and games, or just reminiscing and sharing in conversations
- And much more
Discreet Technology for Enhanced Safety at Home
Home care services help older adults remain safe, comfortable, and independent at home. But what happens when a caregiver leaves at the end of their shift? Unless a person is receiving around the clock care in the home, there will be times when they are without immediate access to assistance. To provide an extra layer of support between caregiver visits, we partner with StackCare, a provider of in-home safety technology.
What Is SmartCare by StackCare and How Does It Work?
Unlike an in-home camera system or a wearable pendant, SmartCare is unobtrusive and does not interfere with a person’s privacy or lifestyle. SmartCare’s technology works through small, discreetly placed sensors that blend seamlessly into the home environment. These sensors send signals to a computer system that learns a person’s typical behaviors, activities, and routines. If there are changes in a person’s patterns that may be a cause for concern, a real-time alert is generated that can go to loved ones or our agency.
Learn About the Advantages of SmartCare Today
If you’re searching for a discreet and effective solution to help a person maintain their independence and safety at home, contact us to find out more about SmartCare’s features and how it can enhance peace of mind.