It wasn’t long ago when there was a common presumption that when we grow older, we’ll naturally need to relocate into an assisted living facility or nursing home. There is now a greater understanding that living at home throughout aging with in-home support is actually a feasible option. There is also additional widespread information since the pandemic began that aging at home is the preferred and safest choice.
So, how do you decide if customized elderly home care solutions can help a senior you love? First, you will want to take into consideration his or her level of functionality in these two areas:
- Activities of Daily Living: These consist of daily tasks like bathing/showering, getting dressed, getting into and out of a chair or bed, using the bathroom, eating and walking.
- Instrumental Activities of Daily Living: These tasks include money management, cooking, shopping, housekeeping, taking medications properly, using the phone, and transportation.
If an older adult is challenged by some of these types of activities, home care can be very useful in boosting both safety and independence. Not just that, but in-home care from an award-winning agency, like Morning Glory Home Care, offers a wide variety of other benefits, such as:
- An enhanced level of overall wellbeing comes from remaining within the senior’s environment of choice, where she or he is most accustomed.
- An in-home caregiver supplies the socialization that is so essential for physical and emotional health. During the isolating months of the pandemic, the need for routine social contact became even more glaringly apparent.
- Home care services promote healing after a surgical procedure or hospital stay, and lower the chance for re-hospitalizations.
- Home care allows seniors and their family members to savor more quality time together. A caregiver who helps with daily chores and errands frees up family members from these tasks. And frequently, seniors feel more comfortable having personal care needs tended to by a care professional rather than a member of the family.
- Home care services are highly individualized, based on each person’s unique needs, schedule, routines, and requests.
- With the one-on-one care provided by an in-home caregiver, care is not shared with other residents as in a facility setting – meaning needs can be met instantly without waiting for a senior’s turn.
- A healthier lifestyle is possible for older adults receiving professional home care. Caregivers can prepare nutritious meals that are appealing, provide medication reminders, offer encouragement and motivation to remain physically active, and so much more.
- With transportation and accompaniment provided by the caregiver, a senior can remain engaged in the community through outings to fun destinations, visits with friends, lunch dates, religious services and much more.
At Morning Glory Home Care, we are honored to serve older adults in Granite City, Illinois and the surrounding areas with the in-home care services that make life the very best it can be throughout aging. Our caregivers are background checked, fully trained, and experienced in a wide array of older adult care needs at home. Contact us any time at 618-667-8400 for a free in-home assessment to learn if our home and memory care in Granite City, Illinois and the surrounding areas is right for an older adult you love.